The latest is Melanie over at Sparks From a Combustible Mind, who was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Congratulations Melanie.
She then wrote, “Anyone who wishes to answer some or all of the questions here, you’re more than welcome!!” And since I am “anyone,” here are Melanie’s questions and my answers.
Note: I’m ALSO anyone! So there!
1. Which season fits your personality best — spring, summer, fall, or winter — and why?
Fall, usually. This year hasn’t been great but still, definitely my favorite season.
2. If you were to choose a well-known axiom or slogan for your life, what would it be?
The truth is easier to remember than a lie.
3. If you were a color, which would you be and why?
I get hung up on this. Do you mean a color I would wear? or just BE? What color is my aura?
I have no idea if I have an aura, much less its color. I don’t honestly think I can answer this because I like a lot of colors, depending on what they are being used for. Many colors I love, I won’t wear. For sheer color, I think turquoise. That clear bright blue you find mostly from Arizona mines.
4. What’s a skill you learned when you were young that you still use today?
Touch typing. I think it is the only genuinely useful skill I learned in school!
5. What’s the most valuable piece of advice you’ve been given?
“If they ask you to make an instant decision, say NO.” I wish I’d stuck to it more.
6. If you had your own talk show, who would your first three guests be?
Doris Kearns Goodwin, Stephen Colbert, and Connie Willis. And if I get a fourth, Jim Butcher.
7. If you had one extra hour of free time a day, how would you use it?
Listening. I’m an audiobook junkie.
8. What was the most embarrassing thing you have ever done while on a date?
While trying to cut up the steak, it slid off the plate and onto my white silk blouse. I never wore white silk for any event where eating was involved. And I never ordered a steak with bones.
9. If you were the eighth dwarf, what would your name be?
Sneezy Too. I sneeze a LOT. I can sneeze an entire evening away.
10. Where is the last place you’d be caught dead? Aside from the cemetery, of course!