AUTUMN AT THE BLACKSTONE – GARRY ARMSTRONG

Photo: Garry Armstrong

I wasn’t feeling well, but Marilyn was insistent. “Autumn is short,” she pointed out and urged me to take a couple of hours and come out. Autumn is a flash of color and then, it’s gone.

Photo: Garry Armstrong

After all, tomorrow, it might rain. I agreed.

Photo: Garry Armstrong
Photo: Garry Armstrong

We both took pictures — enough to last a while. Autumn will be longer on Serendipity than this brief season will be in New England.

Photo: Garry Armstrong
Photo: Garry Armstrong

46 thoughts on “AUTUMN AT THE BLACKSTONE – GARRY ARMSTRONG

1. slmret October 15, 2017 / 12:20 am

The first and third shots and the last one are pretty spectacular reflections — almost doubles the effect of the fall colors! It looks lovely right now!

• Marilyn Armstrong October 15, 2017 / 12:23 am

I think was probably the best day of the season. I notice the leaves in my woods are all falling now. I suspected this was going to be a short season. It came so late … and until today, it was warm. I think the cold weather came too late … but at least we got a little bit of it.

• Garry Armstrong October 15, 2017 / 12:23 pm

Slmret, it was perfect timing for the shoot. Yes, I was a reluctant shootist. I wasn’t feeling well and am still “under the weather” but I’m so happy we got out that afternoon. It was glorious!!

• slmret October 15, 2017 / 1:39 pm

Feel better soon — a photo day like that helps to raise the spirits!

• Garry Armstrong October 15, 2017 / 1:46 pm

Slmret, indeed!

2. angloswiss October 15, 2017 / 12:49 am

Good words, we can preserve our autumn days on our site with the wonderful photos you have taken.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 15, 2017 / 1:01 am

We were out that ONE day … and then, it rained again. And now, the leaves are all falling down. Good thing we went out. I had a feeling it wasn’t going to wait for us.

• Garry Armstrong October 15, 2017 / 12:32 pm

Mrs. Swiss, it is chilly, gray and overecast right now. The leaves are falling everywhere. I’m glad we got out when we did for this photo shoot. Kudos to **Marilyn**.

3. ravenhawks magazine October 15, 2017 / 1:40 am

Beautiful pictures! We have trees that are turning, some already bare and many still green here in my woods. of course the rain will probably take all those that were turning. It has been a strange autumn it felt like I was back in Alabama instead of North Eastern Michigan.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 15, 2017 / 1:45 am

That one day — the day before yesterday — was I think as good as it got and it was only like that for that single afternoon. This is very much untypical of New England autumns. The leaves are falling fast in our woods. It was a 1-week autumn. I hoped we might get at least one more week. It has been a very strange year for weather. The earth is fighting back.

• Garry Armstrong October 15, 2017 / 12:34 pm

Raven, Mother Nature did the lighting for this shoot. It was absolutely awesome!!

• Garry Armstrong October 15, 2017 / 12:35 pm

Tish, again we pass the kudos to Marilyn who knew we should seize the moment and not wait another day.

4. queenofdanile October 15, 2017 / 8:26 am

Do I see Bonnie or Gibbs off leash midway through?

• Marilyn Armstrong October 15, 2017 / 12:12 pm

It was actually someone else’s dog. Our dogs tend to get frisky and run down the trail until THEY get tired.

• Garry Armstrong October 15, 2017 / 12:37 pm

Queen, my Queen, I wouldn’t dare let Bonnie, Gibbs and especially Duke off or even ON leash. The public isn’t ready for those 3 stooges.

• queenofdanile October 16, 2017 / 8:05 am

We presumed Bonnie or Gibbs read the mandate, and decided to start a revolution.My bad.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 16, 2017 / 11:12 am

Duke just banged his way through the bedroom door in case I wanted to get up early and feed them all biscuits. They ARE forming a revolution. They want THUMBS!

• Garry Armstrong October 15, 2017 / 12:38 pm

Thanks, Lois. I’m still draggin’. It’s a stubborn whatever it is…….

• Garry Armstrong October 15, 2017 / 12:40 pm

Yes, Rich. And, I do hear Nat Cole softly singing about those falling leaves..of red and gold.

5. swo8 October 15, 2017 / 3:49 pm

The photos are beautiful and so full of colour.

• swo8 October 15, 2017 / 8:46 pm

There’s some wild weather coming through here – wind and rain.

6. Rebel Girl October 15, 2017 / 4:29 pm

Those are fantastic photos! Hope you are feeling better.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 15, 2017 / 5:49 pm

He’s feeling a little better and I’m feeling a little worse. We pass these things back and forth to each other. I think it comes with marriage πŸ˜‰ The leaves are falling like a waterfall today.

• Rebel Girl October 15, 2017 / 7:27 pm

Oh no! We are still getting whatever we caught while visiting the hospital back in March. We think we kicked it, then the next month it comes back. Hope you feel better soon.

• Garry Armstrong October 17, 2017 / 12:31 pm

Rebel, it’s the bug that never dies. It’s now Tuesday, just past noon and we’re still dragging. A little better than yesterday…… that’s something, eh?

• Rebel Girl October 17, 2017 / 5:15 pm

We tried everything to get rid of it. Nothing seemed to work until my husband read about leaving minced garlic in a glass, in the open air for ten minutes.
            After the ten minutes are up, add enough water to be able to swallow it. After a few days, it was gone. But still, it seems to come back every month or so.
            I really hope you beat it. So many people we work around have it too, six months later!

• Marilyn Armstrong October 17, 2017 / 8:11 pm

These are often retroviruses and by their nature, the come and go and come and go … sometimes on a schedule. They eventually end, but relapsing is typical. And really annoying.

• Rebel Girl October 17, 2017 / 8:15 pm

Oh great! I am so tired of it. It depletes every ounce of energy I have. Thanks for letting me know. A guy at the hospital said something was going around the hospital but they weren’t supposed to tell anyone about it.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 17, 2017 / 8:53 pm

I don’t even know what it is, but it sure is going around. Viruses like these spread like crazy and since they don’t kill anyone, they don’t bother to really analyze them. Now, if there was a DEATH toll, THEN they’d analyze it.

7. lwbut October 16, 2017 / 12:33 am

Beautiful pics of what looks a perfect day in New England! πŸ™‚
    Love all the reflections!

Apart from that i have just one thing to say:

“Re-Leash the Hounds!!” πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

love

• Marilyn Armstrong October 16, 2017 / 1:08 am

Sometimes the river is like a mirror and you can’t tell which are trees and which is the reflection πŸ™‚

• Garry Armstrong October 17, 2017 / 12:38 pm

“The River of No Return” …. I’m humming it now…. “There is a river….called the river of no return…Love is a traveller..on the river of no return….I left my heart…on the river…….and it never returned to meee….where the river..where the weeee….”

8. evelyneholingue October 17, 2017 / 7:17 pm

Brief but so gorgeous. Beautiful pics. Enjoy the fall season to its best and take care of your health too.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 17, 2017 / 8:10 pm

I’m actually thinking of turning on some heat. It got pretty nippy today. If it’s this cold tomorrow … I try to keep the heat off as long as possible.

• evelyneholingue October 19, 2017 / 2:52 pm

Oh that’s early but about time in New England. I remember those nippy mornings and nights where I also tried to push the limits to the max. You know that when you start putting the heat on it’s for months.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 19, 2017 / 3:00 pm

And even though oil is a lot cheaper now than when we moved here, I’m not ready to start the heating season. I need a little more time with Autumn first πŸ™‚

9. Garry Armstrong October 18, 2017 / 12:37 pm

Tomorrow is here and it’s milder. Maybe we’ll get out for some photos. Maybe.