The high-tech world is fueled by pizza. If it had not already been invented, a group of developers trying to meet a deadline would have had to invent it.
I could have invented it myself. As the only non-engineer on a development team, I was supposed to know about things like food. And complete sentences. And the difference between active and passive forms. Whew. That was why they paid me the big bucks.
The world in which I worked most of my life required tons of creativity and productivity. To keep these going, three key ingredients were needed:
We could have posted a sign outside the offices which said “We work for pizza!”
Because essentially — not counting salaries — that’s what kept us going. I never missed a deadline. No one else did either. When our efforts seemed in danger of flagging, copious amounts of pizza appeared in various permutation. Of course, there were plenty of computers and endless amounts of coffee too. That went without saying.
I do not believe any developer I know would work in an office where one actually pays for coffee. Blasphemy!
Question: How do you know when your development team has been working too much overtime?
Answer: When someone says “Can we get have something to eat that isn’t pizza?”
No. Not really. And don’t forget to make fresh coffee.
- The Daily Prompt & Eric’s Aria -Part 1 (short story) | The Jittery Goat
- Procrastination Insults My Intelligence | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- The biggest appointment | MC’s Whispers
- Under Pressure | A mom’s blog
- pressure | yi-ching lin photography
- DP Daily Prompt: The Heat is On | Sabethville
- Cops | Views Splash!
- the pressure is the same | y
- Men | Hope* the happy hugger
- One Crazy Mom » The Heat Is On
- Student hurrying to catch the bus (Daily Prompt: “The Heat Is On, Show Us Pressure”) | Photo0pal Photography
- I’ll start tomorrow. | Attempted Human Relations and Self
- DAILY PROMPT: Pressure | cockatooscreeching
- Life Confusions
- Daily Prompt: The Heat is On- Perspective of Medical Student | Journeyman
- Daily Prompt: Pressure | Captured By Kylie Photography
- The heat is on – turned down to low! | Sue’s Trifles
- Pressure | The scribbles in the margin
- Pressure Points and Implosions | ALIEN AURA’S BlOG: IT’LL BLOW YOUR MI