FIVE MINUTES AT TWILIGHT BY THE WOODS

Those golden moments at twilight are incredibly brief. The golden light hits … and less than 10 minutes later — usually more like five minutes — it’s dark. Maybe that’s just true at this latitude. I think sunset lasted longer in Arizona … and also in Israel. But I’m not sure.

Remembering light tends to be fleeting, both in photography and in memory.

For this challenge, Su Leslie suggests:

• choose a subject or a scene
  • spend five minutes photographing it – no more!
  • try to see it from many angles, look through something at it, change the light that’s hitting it
  • tag your post #regularrandom and ping back to Desley’s post
  • have fun!

17 thoughts on “FIVE MINUTES AT TWILIGHT BY THE WOODS

1. lwbut February 7, 2018 / 12:19 am

The ‘Golden Hour’ should last longer the higher latitude you are at, generally, but the local terrain and cloud formations can dramatically affect the time it lasts wherever you are. Wide open flat spaces would have longer times than narrow valleys for example. Can you imagine how long it could last near the North Pole when a day can last for 3 months?? 🙂

• Marilyn Armstrong February 7, 2018 / 12:40 am

The land is very lumpy around here and it really only lasts a few minutes. Obviously longer in the summer, but in the winter — five minutes if you are lucky.

• Su Leslie February 7, 2018 / 3:57 am

I love your description of the land as lumpy 😂. Your images are lovely; such a shame this golden period is so short.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 7, 2018 / 11:57 am

Well, today is a white day. Snow falling. Supposedly, it’ll rain later and wash the snow away. I hope it does that before I need another plowing. At $50 a hit I’m getting broker by the minute!

• Su Leslie February 7, 2018 / 1:42 pm

Ouch! Being totally inexperienced in snow-ploughing, does that mean you ha e a long driveway, or snow ploughpersons are making a killing?

• Marilyn Armstrong February 7, 2018 / 2:23 pm

Snow plough persons are KILLING us. It’s $50 for each snow up to 1 foot. OVER a foot is $100. I’m just hoping this one is a little one and washes away tomorrow! I already owe the guy another $50 from the last snow.

• Su Leslie February 7, 2018 / 2:37 pm

That’s horrendous. I’m assuming they don’t include building a snow person sculpture on the lawn in that price.

• Covert Novelist February 7, 2018 / 1:44 am

We can’t see that yet. It’s turned very cold and cloudy. The sun comes up for a couple hours, if at all, as we a re experiencing rain

2. angloswiss February 7, 2018 / 12:43 am

Good captures. There are moments in time that are special and twilight is one of them

• Marilyn Armstrong February 7, 2018 / 1:06 am

I love when I just happen to have a camera during those few lovely minutes. Usually, I see it and by the time I get the camera ready, it’s dark.

3. DailyMusings February 7, 2018 / 5:46 am

Beautiful captures of these minutes-no matter how brief!

• Marilyn Armstrong February 7, 2018 / 11:58 am

Good to hear from you again. WordPress has deleted a lot of my connections. Suddenly, I realized you must be one of them! But you were not alone. I wonder where I am missing!! Snowing down there too? Sure is snowing here!

4. swo8 February 7, 2018 / 12:33 pm

It is magical, that time of day and you captured that in your photos.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 7, 2018 / 1:10 pm

Sometimes, it just gets dark and we don’t get that lovely golden light. But every once in a while, there it is. I was lucky I had a camera in hand!

• swo8 February 7, 2018 / 1:11 pm