I don’t use the word “friend” lightly or easily. A friend is a treasure, money in the bank, my life’s backup plan. The go-to persons who were there for me when the only light I could see were the headlights of oncoming trains.
So — in this time of thinning friend populations, as so many friends move into retirement locations too far for me to travel, or pass into realms no one can visit — any friend in need is someone for whom I will do anything. Pretty much.
Sometimes I wish my friends needed me as much as I depend on them. Because honestly, without my friends, I’m not sure this life would be bearable and I want them to know how very much I care. I can (and do) say how much I care, but I wish I had more ways to show it. Saying it doesn’t seem to be nearly enough.
All of you: I really, really love you! No blushing or “aw shucks-ing” because you know you are!
- Daily Prompt: A Friend in Need (DailyPost.Worpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: A Friend in Need | The Daily Post (thebloggingpath.com)
- “Oh, Oh, Oh, I’ll Take The Jittery Goat Special!” With Recipe (jitterygt.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror – A Ghost I See (teepee12.com)
- Daily Prompt: Opposition – Grrrr (teepee12.com)
- Daily Prompt: Do Not Disturb – A Private Place (teepee12.com)
- Day Lilies (teepee12.com)
- Apache (teepee12.com)