Next Tuesday will occur on Wednesday. In the name of keeping myself sane, I’ve decided to do this prompt a mere once per week. On Wednesday. Because Wednesday’s child is full of woe and it’s the middle of the week.
WARNING: TODAY IS NOT WEDNESDAY. TODAY IS SATURDAY. THIS IS NOT A PROMPT. IT IS AN UPDATE TO THE PREVIOUS PROMPT.
A NEW PROMPT WILL APPEAR VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING ON WEDNESDAY, APRIL 29th.
I like telling stories linked to pictures. To help the process along, every Wednesday, I’ll publish a picture and write something about it. You can use any of my pictures if you like, or any of yours. Link it back to that day’s post (ping back) so other people can find it.
You will have to forgive me if I miss a day here and there, or if Thursday is comes out on Friday.
Feel free to jump in.
What do I mean by “story” and “pictures”?
Story. Words. Poetry, prose, fact, or fiction. A couple of lines, a fanciful tale.
Pictures. Video if that’s your thing. Scanned pictures from your scrap-book. Weird pictures from the internet. Cartoons. Pictures of your family vacation and how the bear stole your food. Any picture you ever took and would like to talk about
What to write about?
Your trip to Paris. You flight from Irkutsk. You favorite dog, cat, ferret, cockatoo. The weird boyfriend you had in high school. The last book you read, the next book you plan to read, why you don’t read books (but you write them)(don’t write them)(would like to write them).
Television shows, movie stars, classic film, history, language. Fiction, non-fiction. Everything, anything as long as you include a picture and some text.
It sounds simple because it is simple. Every picture has a story or ought to. There are no rules. You are free to follow my lead, ignore me, follow someone else’s idea. Any picture plus some text will do it. Short or long, truth or fiction. Prose or poetry.
One final thing: If you want to get notices of these posts, you’ll have to subscribe to Serendipity. I’ll try to title relevant posts so you can easily recognize them.
So as not to waste this space, I give you the pictures I took this morning of a vase containing my very own, fresh-from-the-garden daffodils sometimes accompanied by Robbie, The Robot. Robbie loves flowers. I couldn’t keep him away. He quite insisted on being included.
- GENERATION GAP – GROWING UP BOOMER – Tuesday, April 21, 2015
- FIVE PHOTOS FIVE STORIES: Let’s start with a Serendipitous Bang (DAY 4)
- MAKING MARIJUANA LEGAL – Thursday, April 23, 2015
- Photos and Stories behind them – day four – The secret places in Bern the capital town of Switzerland
- I Went To A Carnival, And A Baseball Game Broke Out!
- A SERENDIPITOUS PHOTO STORY PROMPT | A Day In The Life
- A SERENDIPITOUS PHOTO STORY #2 – MEET TILLY
- Spam-Bam Thank You Ma’am | Cordelia’s Mom
- And on the Eighth Day, God said … | Cordelia’s Mom
- FIVE PHOTOS FIVE STORIES: Early Peacock View and tiger spotting
- Size doesn’t matter… | The Happy Quitter
- Photos and Stories behind them: Day Five – The Birds
- Life’s A Ditch | Evil Squirrel’s Nest
- Of mountains and things | Willow’s Corner
- A Serendipitous Story
- Statue of Limitations | Evil Squirrel’s Nest
- Tradeoffs | Willow’s Corner
- oddments | Willow’s Corner