HAPPY ODDBALL BIRTHDAY!

Cee’s Odd Ball Photo Challenge: May 7, 2017

Today being my son’s 48th birthday — and me clearly wondering how I got old enough to have a son who can sign up for AARP — today’s oddballs are the kind of pictures we all have tons of. Birthday pictures! Don’t we all have drawers full of these shots? Of the babies and toddlers. Of the little kids blowing out the candles, and the big kids getting a special something.

This is my son, getting his special present for this year. Happy birthday, Owen.

38 thoughts on “HAPPY ODDBALL BIRTHDAY!

• Marilyn Armstrong May 8, 2017 / 1:20 am

Thanks. I only get pictures of him on his birthday. If I forget the camera, I’d never get any pictures. Not only can’t I figure how I got old enough to have a kid this old, but how I managed to have this insanely tall kid. I’m such a shrimp!

• angloswiss May 8, 2017 / 1:34 am

Theft grow taller today. Both of mine are taller than me and I am not small.

• Marilyn Armstrong May 8, 2017 / 1:36 am

By the time Owen was 16, he towered over me. His father was not short, but Owen towered over him, too. Yes, they do grow bigger these days πŸ™‚ But my granddaughter is shorter than I am.

• Garry Armstrong May 8, 2017 / 1:02 pm

Mrs. Swiss, I’m Owen’s stepfather and godfather. I remember when he was a toddler in diapers. Yesterday, when we were young.

• angloswiss May 8, 2017 / 1:11 pm

Tell me about it. I now have a two sons, one will be 48 this year and the other 43 and Mr. Swiss is already a great grand father. Time goes far too quickly. I don’t even think I could remember how to change diapers. We are still young, just a matter of perspective.

• Marilyn Armstrong May 8, 2017 / 2:00 pm

And I don’t WANT to remember how to change diapers! Cuddling? Giving gifts? Serving a pudding? I’m great with all that.

Diapers? Where’s mom!

1. Paula May 8, 2017 / 2:25 am

I can’t see the pictures in the gallery 😦 I wonder why.

• Marilyn Armstrong May 8, 2017 / 2:30 am

That is strange. Maybe reload? Sometimes I get that when a site doesn’t finish loading.

2. dancingpalmtrees May 8, 2017 / 2:41 am

Happy Birthday to Owen! He still has two more years to go before AARP. Once he reaches that magic age of 50 then the discounts begin!! Blessings to Owen, you and Garry!!

3. draliman May 8, 2017 / 3:36 am

Very cool Minion, and happy birthday to him! He’s just a few months older than me πŸ™‚

• Marilyn Armstrong May 8, 2017 / 12:13 pm

Obviously Minions are familiar to others. I recognized it as “something from Facebook,” but had no idea what it was. But it’s a very cool woodcarving πŸ™‚

• draliman May 8, 2017 / 3:21 pm

They were so popular they got their own spin-off film πŸ™‚

4. swo8 May 8, 2017 / 10:44 am

He looks so happy Marilyn, you guys did something right. A big hug and a very Happy Birthday to Owen.

5. iballrtw May 8, 2017 / 11:13 am

Everyone needs a Minion. Happy Birthday, Owen. (Great picture, too!)

• Marilyn Armstrong May 8, 2017 / 12:15 pm

He was THRILLED with his Minion. I was puzzled, but I’m not (apparently) the age for Minions πŸ™‚

• iballrtw May 8, 2017 / 12:17 pm

If you see the movie, you will understand. πŸ™‚

6. Garry Armstrong May 8, 2017 / 1:05 pm

I taught Owen one of his first phrases — “You dirty rat!!”

7. bushboy May 10, 2017 / 10:01 am

The look on the Minion says it all πŸ™‚