Kind of reminds me of the old talkin’ blues — “I don’t know much about art, but I know what I like!”
I don’t know — or care — if the blogs I follow are great, greater or greatest. It’s entirely subjective. Great for who? Me? You? Everybody on the world-wide web? I doubt there is any such blog. If there were, we’d never agree on it, so the real question is what do I like and why?
I like humor. If you make me laugh, you own me. I am perhaps overly invested in word play and wit. I like photography, so if you post astounding pictures–or just pretty ones–I’m in for that too. I appreciate thoughtful posts on subjects ranging from ancient history to the meaning of life. If you combine them all, even better.
I adore authors and try to support them, even if what they write isn’t my favorite stuff. I’m a gadget freak and faithfully follow blogs that delve into hardware and software. I read movie reviews, book reviews, product reviews. I trust my fellow bloggers. From your blogs I’ve discovered books, authors, movies, cameras, lenses, software and accessories. I don’t know where I got information before I found you all!
I follow many blogs for many reasons. All great. Some are written better than others. Some photographers are more skilled than others, but I don’t count typos or ignore less than perfect pictures. Many people lack technical finesse, yet have true vision and thoughts worth hearing. I’m egalitarian by principle and inclination.
I love animals. Dogs, cats, horses, birds and everything else. Wild animals and pets. But not insects. Sorry bugs, I just can’t love you. I’ve tried. Maybe in my next incarnation.
I hate hate and haters. I admire kindness and generosity especially because I’m not as good as I want to be. I don’t think cruelty is funny. Even when deserved, suffering makes me wince, not laugh.
I’m interested in God, religion and faith — but can’t stomach being bullied to believe a particular dogma. One size never fits all, not in philosophy, religion, political system, technology or clothing. I read blogs by ministers and other religious people. I want to know what they think and why, how they made their “leap of faith.” Seeking is good.
Then there’s information, ideas, useful hints, suggestions on how to do things differently. I love learning new stuff. Don’t we all?
I don’t read everyone everyday. Not enough time but I try to peek at everyone, even if I’m a couple of days late getting to it. But in my humble (well, maybe not so humble) opinion? You are all great. We are great. Great because we care about something not ourselves. We share. Whether to change the world or make someone smile, help with a problem, teach something, offer a new way to see the world, we don’t just talk. We do.
Greatness is in the eye of the beholder. I behold you all and thank you. You’re the greatest.
- Daily Prompt: Great or Greatest? (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Nature and Tech Support (short fiction) (jitterygt.wordpress.com)
- Why Do You Like This? [Daily Prompt: Great or Greatest?] (unknowinglee.wordpress.com)
- 1 July Daily Prompt: Great or Greatest? (familyphotosfoodcraft.com)
- ” Daily Prompt: No Longer a Mere Mortal/My Life (nutsfortreasure.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Great or greatest – Teach me something or make me laugh (mindurspirit.wordpress.com)
- How to Brew a GREAT Blog (or not) (iamwhoiamnowblog.wordpress.com)
- I’m On Medication And Can’t Come Up With A Title For This Prompt (jitterygt.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Great or Greatest?/Blogs I follow (anexerciseindiscipline.com)
- The Greatest… (vosperdruiter.wordpress.com)