SHARING MY WORLD: AS THE WORLD TURNS

Share Your World – 2016 Week 48

Do you prefer eating foods with nuts or no nuts?

I like nuts in some candy and in brownies, but not much in food. Except certain Chinese dishes where they are part of the gestalt, as it were. I also like gestalt with everything, as long as I can have my cake and eat it, too.

If someone made a movie of your life would it be a drama, a comedy, a romantic-comedy, action film, or science fiction?

RABBIT - Down_the_Rabbit_Hole

I often wonder if life is a bad TV series. A soap opera with a crisis before every commercial interruption and it lasts forever, or maybe it just seems that way. If not that, than probably science fiction or maybe fantasy. I fell down a rabbit hole a long, long time ago. On my head.

Who talks real sense to you?

Garry. Me. Several of the voices in my head are very sensible. My friend Cherrie talks sense. We have a deal to talk sense to each other. It doesn’t mean anyone has to actually do the sensible thing. That’s an entirely different subject.

Do you have a favorite board game?

I was a crazed Monopoly player as a kid. Then I grew up and we played backgammon and Sorry (the game, not the apology) … and (no board, sorry — in this case the apology, not the game) bridge. I played a lot of bridge. I think it was during those all night bridge sessions that I forgot how to sleep.

monopoly

Garry does not play any games and literally cannot tell a heart from a club. I wonder how he got through basic training as a Marine? He may be the ONLY American male to have served in the armed forces and not play poker. Not even once.

However, Garry is a real contender in Trivial Pursuits. Together, we make a formidable team. Trivia anyone?

share your world cee banner

21 thoughts on “SHARING MY WORLD: AS THE WORLD TURNS

1. angloswiss December 1, 2016 / 9:28 am

Playing Trivial Pursuits became to boring. We had the german language of the game and the same questions and answers were no real challenge. Perhaps we were doing something wrong. Talking sense is no longer so interesting, we have probably made to many life’s experience.

• Garry Armstrong December 1, 2016 / 12:52 pm

Mrs. Swiss, I enjoyed Trivial Pursuit for a brief period. I’m good with old movies, baseball, politics, old pop music and history AFTER the Dark Ages. Nowadays, Marilyn and I sometimes do impromptu games of Trivial Pursuit. I think we’re trying to test our brain cells.

• Garry Armstrong December 1, 2016 / 12:54 pm

We never played card games. I guess I’m the rare guy who knows nada about poker and related card games of chance.

2. Colline December 1, 2016 / 12:03 pm

I have played some very good games of trivial pursuit. It has been a while now though since I have last played.

• Garry Armstrong December 1, 2016 / 12:56 pm

Colline, I think you must have kindred spirits to fire up interest in Trivial Pursuit.

• Colline December 2, 2016 / 8:33 am

So true Garry. I guess that is why I haven’t played the game in so long.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 1, 2016 / 1:31 pm

The problem was that the cards became familiar. To keep the game interesting, they needed to issue new sets of cards, but instead, they issued new versions of the game, often with themes in which were not aimed at us … you know, the 1970s TV series version, for example. I was around in the 1970s, but I wasn’t watching those TV shows 🙂 I don’t know why they didn’t just put together new questions and answers, sold separately every couple of years. It would have extended the life of the game. And different questions for different language groups and countries. They could have made a lot more money.

• Garry Armstrong December 1, 2016 / 1:50 pm

Marilyn, I used to be a WHIZ with the movie and tv trivia. Today, I struggle with crossword puzzles about contemporary entertainment. I’ve been left in the dust.

3. Cee Neuner December 1, 2016 / 12:43 pm

I loved to play the card game Bridge as a kid. Haven’t played it now in nearly 40 years though.

• Garry Armstrong December 1, 2016 / 12:57 pm

I’ve never played and after viewing a zillion flicks with card game scenes, I still don’t understand. It looks exciting.

4. Garry Armstrong December 1, 2016 / 1:16 pm

Back to Cee’s questions —
    — I don’t like nuts in anything (I think it may be a dental phobia, not sure).

— Bio movie: comedy drama. “Radio Days” is one of my favorite “olden days of youth” films. I grew up with
    radio and a family similar to Woody Allen’s celluloid family.

— Person Whisperer: MARILYN (Mary-Lynne). Gawd, She often drives me bonkers. But she’s honest and
    usually on target about the subject matter. She’ll do!!

— Board Games: By now, you know I don’t play ANY card games. I don’t understand them. You’ll never get
    me to sit down for poker, bridge, 5 card stud, etc. I love films like “The Cincinnati Kid” but am
    clueless about the card games. I did play the old APBA Baseball card and dice game as a kid.
    I’ve Also played “Go” and something similar. No gambling fever at this address.
    During my USMC stint, I wowed my fellow recruits with my knowledge of baseball trivia. I curried
    favor with the rednecks with my stats knowledge of “The Georgia Peach”. I always felt slimy about that
    ploy.

5. Raewyn's Photos December 1, 2016 / 1:23 pm

I loved Trivial Pursuit. Maybe it is because I remember all the trivia, and not what is important…..

• Marilyn Armstrong December 1, 2016 / 1:32 pm

Trivia is a lot more fun to remember than most of life. It’s like the wrapping paper … without the box inside 🙂

6. Garry Armstrong December 1, 2016 / 1:51 pm

Life is a game of trivial pursuit……

7. swo8 December 1, 2016 / 4:37 pm

We love nuts and our movie would be a romantic comedy. I take advice from everyone but then sift through and come to my own conclusion.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 1, 2016 / 8:13 pm

I love nuts … just not IN things. I can murder a pound of pistachios in one sitting. Ditto cashews. Garry has diverticulitis, so he can’t eat them anymore. He used to love them.

• swo8 December 1, 2016 / 8:15 pm

we eat a lot of nuts. (you could almost say we are half nuts)

8. Taswegian1957 December 1, 2016 / 7:42 pm

Well Marilyn if you ever commit some terrible crime you won’t be able to say “The voices in my head made me do it!”

• Marilyn Armstrong December 1, 2016 / 8:13 pm

I can say they made me do it. It wouldn’t be true, but that doesn’t seem to be stopping anyone anymore. Truth? What does that have to do with anything!