THE CREATURES IN BLACK & WHITE

Cee’s Black & White Photo Challenge: Animals

It sound so ominous. Creatures. But then again, are we not all creatures? If it lives and moves, it’s some kind of creature. Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly. Dogs gotta be dogs …

72-bw-bird-flying-062616_00

72-bw-black-crowned-night-heron-juvenile-antique-09222016_104

72-bw-percheron-horses-corral_03

72-BW-Swans_32

72-bw-percheron-horses_13

72-BW-Silhouette-Birds-II_055

72-bw-percheron-horse-portrait_06

Bonnie
Bonnie

Cee's Black & White Photo Challenge Badge

20 thoughts on “THE CREATURES IN BLACK & WHITE

1. angloswiss December 15, 2016 / 1:41 pm

Beautiful photos, especially the bird in action.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 15, 2016 / 4:24 pm

Thank you. They were the most difficult to capture and make them look like anything except a blur 🙂

• Garry Armstrong December 16, 2016 / 12:05 pm

Excellent —- especially Bonnie who is so difficult to “capture”.

2. DailyMusings December 15, 2016 / 2:54 pm

Such perfect choices in B&W- especially love the birds 🙂

• Marilyn Armstrong December 15, 2016 / 4:26 pm

Of course. You are the brilliant bird lady. It’s really hard to get them in motion AND in focus. It’s usually a choice. One or the other, but rarely both 🙂

3. Miriam December 15, 2016 / 3:54 pm

Wonderful images, enhanced beautifully in black and white.

4. swo8 December 15, 2016 / 4:42 pm

These are lovely photos, Marilyn. I was thinking about Audubon when I saw the birds

• Marilyn Armstrong December 15, 2016 / 6:18 pm

I think about Audubon a lot, especially as the society is super active in Massachusetts. And of course, as a sometime birder, I have the books 🙂

• swo8 December 15, 2016 / 6:21 pm

You seem to have a lot of nice birds there and you’ve taken a lot of nice photos of them.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 15, 2016 / 10:03 pm

We’ve had a lot of catbirds and juncos in the past couple of years. Before that, we had cardinals, robins, and warblers and I know we have owls and woodpeckers, because I hear them. I have seen a couple of really BIG woodpeckers. They are apparently common, but they like to hang out way up in the oak trees. The bird populations keep shifting. I suppose that’s normal. We also have a lot of hawks and I suspect they have a lot to do with the other populations. It’s why we have so few squirrels and rabbits — the hawks, coyotes, foxes, fishers, bobcats and raccoons eat them. We have a lot of predators.

• swo8 December 16, 2016 / 11:14 am

Seems to balance things out.

5. Cee Neuner December 15, 2016 / 6:26 pm

All creatures great and small. Marvelous gallery of black and whites Marilyn. 😀

6. loisajay December 15, 2016 / 7:21 pm

These are all wonderful photos, Marilyn, but I especially love the first one. The bird looks like he is trying to fly against a driving storm. It is a beautiful shot.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 15, 2016 / 10:00 pm

I think he was coming in for a landing, wheels down 🙂 The hard part was getting something like focus. It was pretty blurry.

7. kholood Azz December 16, 2016 / 5:25 am

Adore the birds photos ❤

8. iballrtw December 24, 2016 / 9:36 pm

I especially like the bird on the pier. That would make a nice greeting card.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 24, 2016 / 10:19 pm

Thank you 🙂 It was also the only time I’ve ever seen a night heron … except in a book. So it was especially satisfying to get a few good, sharp shots of him.