DANGEREROUS DOGS!

DANGEROUS DOGS PROWLING PERIMETER!

After a nearly hysterical FedEx delivery man was panicked by our dogs — who were inside their fence when he decided to climb it — I decided we needed a firm warning to all potential intruders! The terrifying dogs watched and waited for the next victim to enter!

One dangerous dog
Two dangerous dogs

Three dangerous dogs

I participate in WordPress’ Weekly Photo Challenge 2017

50 thoughts on “DANGEREROUS DOGS!

1. Garry Armstrong May 3, 2017 / 1:32 pm

“The Wild Bunch”

• Marilyn Armstrong May 3, 2017 / 1:39 pm

He also BROKE the fence, then ran (literally, not figuratively) screaming up the driveway. My dogs SWORE no one touched him. Oddly, that particular delivery guy was quickly replaced. I wonder why?

• lwbut May 4, 2017 / 1:15 am

They were sleeping then?? 🙂

love.

• Garry Armstrong May 4, 2017 / 11:46 am

Our dawgs are honest as the day is long. Trust me.

• Garry Armstrong May 4, 2017 / 11:45 am

YELLA!!! He was yella, through and through.

• Marilyn Armstrong May 3, 2017 / 1:40 pm

Didn’t think the gate was meant for him? He wasn’t one of their “really smart” guys.

2. swo8 May 3, 2017 / 1:35 pm

They don’t look too fierce to me, but I wouldn’t be climbing over any fence either.

• wscottling May 3, 2017 / 1:40 pm

I have three dogs of various sizes. The Chihuahua mix is the one that bites. They ain’t called ankle biters for nuthin’. 🙂

• Marilyn Armstrong May 3, 2017 / 1:44 pm

None of my dogs bites — and Nan didn’t have much in the way of remaining teeth. Unless you are a hamburger, of course. They do, however, bark. Sometimes to the point of “I’ll do anything, just SHUT UP! ” Maybe they barked him into oblivion?

• swo8 May 3, 2017 / 2:30 pm

I’ll watch out for them. Thanks for the warning.

• Marilyn Armstrong May 3, 2017 / 1:41 pm

I don’t climb fences. IF there’s a fence there, i figure there’s a reason. In this case, it’s actually to keep the dogs IN. There’s a road up top of the hill with fast cars. We like our dogs all in one piece.

• swo8 May 3, 2017 / 2:32 pm

If I climbed a fence, I may not be all in one piece either.

3. wscottling May 3, 2017 / 1:38 pm

Don’t even think that sign will stop everyone. I have several signs on my fence (because my dogs will bite) PLUS signs on a little shed we have outside of the fence — right by the gate for Pete’s sake — for package deliverers to leave the packages IN the shed — which we bought for just such a purpose and we STILL have people opening the fence (a six foot tall chain link) to try and deliver packages.

• Marilyn Armstrong May 3, 2017 / 1:42 pm

We also have a shed. A table. Signs. ARROWS pointing to the table that say ” LEAVE PACKAGES HERE.” Maybe they can’t read?

4. Rick May 3, 2017 / 2:15 pm

They look dangerous.

5. draliman May 3, 2017 / 3:04 pm

Truly terrifying. He’ll be in therapy for years after seeing your cute little doggies waiting patiently for their mail-order doggie treats.

• lwbut May 4, 2017 / 1:18 am

Your sign should say: “Never mind the dogs – beware of OWNERS!” 😉

love.

• Marilyn Armstrong May 4, 2017 / 1:32 am

That would be more accurate but would need a MUCH larger sign. Honestly, the real danger is people opening the gate and letting the dogs out. There a road and a fair amount of traffic. I really want the dogs safe at home!

6. MrJohnson May 3, 2017 / 4:21 pm

Haha..I used to drive for FedEx. I never climbed locked fences but ‘beware of dog’ signs to me meant proceed with caution. I’d make a whole bunch of noise to see if any dog would run out. The times a dog would surprise me was when there was no warning at all.

Some couriers are more ambitious. They want to get a package off so that there’s no chance that they’ll have to come back. There’s always some customers who will complain about not getting their package and want the courier to come back.

Sometimes it’s easy to miss obvious signage because of the rushing aspect. Other times it’s because the job becomes so mindless.

• Marilyn Armstrong May 3, 2017 / 4:36 pm

In this case, it’s kind of obvious. I couldn’t make it more obvious. Signs. Arrows. Tables. They barely need to get out of the truck … the receiving area is directly next to the drive. The regular guys usually know, but FedEx seems to change drivers every other day. That is probably the problem.

• Marilyn Armstrong May 3, 2017 / 7:23 pm

They seem to be wearing mental blinders, like Douglas Adams’ “somebody else’s problem” field.

7. loisajay May 3, 2017 / 9:19 pm

That last photo is priceless. They all look so darn cute!

8. elvagreen123 May 4, 2017 / 1:57 am

I WISH I could have seen that man running from those vicious looking doggies. He needed a good scare.

9. Irene Waters 19 Writer Memoirist May 4, 2017 / 4:47 am

LOL. I was on the shuttle bus to the airport when we stopped outside an inner city dwelling with a dangerous dog sign. I wondered at the guard dog that lurked inside and wondered if the crime was such that it warranted such an animal. Then the man returned to his house with a small maltese on a lead. Your photo reminded me of this.

• Marilyn Armstrong May 4, 2017 / 12:01 pm

People with little dogs apparently get a HUGE kick out of naming their dogs “Goliath” and covering their property with “BEWARE OF DOGS!” signs. I had a little dog that desperately wanted to be dangerous, so the UPS guy would pretend to be scared for her and it made her SO happy.

10. Anna Love May 10, 2017 / 4:12 am

If looking adorable like them, I wouldn’t be scared. They are so cute!

• Marilyn Armstrong June 26, 2017 / 4:42 pm

Dogs do that. When the world is falling apart, our dogs make us smile 🙂