CARING IS SHARING. PASS THE KLEENEX.

Does it show how much I love my husband that I gave him my cold? Maybe he gave me his cold and he didn’t know it because he was incubating. Maybe we both picked it up in the grocery store … or our doctor’s office. Did the Russians hack my sinuses?

These are the kinds of questions with which I struggle.

Ceeโ€™s Odd Ball Photo Challenge: January 23, 2017

Do you prefer juice or fruit?

72-Bowl of cherries _12

I used to be so passionate about juice I actually couldn’t imagine life without it. But, I live without it. Funny what you can get used to when you have no choice. I do eat fruit.

300-fruit-tangerine-orange-230117_02

Mostly, in season, One day, Iย will probably overdose on fresh cherries in season. Right now, I’m working on a tangerine overdose … but I tell myself that vitamin C can’t be bad for me, right?

Did you grow up in a small or big town? Did you like it?

96-Holliswood1954

I grew up in a small town in a big city. Holliswood was sort of rural. We had farms. Chickens. Goats. Horses. And were walking distance (okay, a very long walking distance) from the subway. I thought it was the perfect place to grow up and I haven’t changed my mind.

If you were to paint a picture of your childhood, what colors would you use?

The_12-Foot_Teepee_Cover_for_Kindle

I wrote a book. If you really want to know, you are welcome to read it. The answer to this question is way too complicated for this post.ย The 12-Foot Teepee is available for Kindle and in paperback. From Amazon.

Ways to Relax List: Make a list of what relaxes you and helps you feel calm.

• Reading.
  • Listening to an audiobook.
  • Taking pictures.
  • Processing pictures.
  • Watching movies.
  • Watching sports, sometimes.
  • Watching murder mysteries and guessing who done it before the credits have finished rolling.
  • Laughing. At anything for any reason.
  • The dogs. Because they are everything, all wrapped in furry little packages.

Have a great weekend everyone!

27 thoughts on “CARING IS SHARING. PASS THE KLEENEX.

1. omniclassic January 28, 2017 / 1:38 am

Those oranges look good enough to eat.., 60mm Macro? As for your colds, just think of it as you used to have only one, now you have two.., so you’re far richer for the experience. Here’s the Kleenex.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 28, 2017 / 1:39 am

Actually, it was the 25mm f1.4 Leica lens on the OM-D. It shoots surprisingly close. If I had to choose ONE lens and give up everything else, that would be the one. It’s basically a very high quality nifty fifty.

• Garry Armstrong January 28, 2017 / 11:15 am

I enjoy the tangerines we’ve been eating. I like OJ but am on my lemonade kick right now.

I think we’re very good about sharing our colds. My current one is really a nuisance. I wish it would go away.

2. angloswiss January 28, 2017 / 2:20 am

Mr. Swiss always shares his colds with me and I share mine with him. My current cold is now slowly going and so is his. He happened to be at the docs this week, not because of the cold, but she added it is a virus and very common at the moment, so it seems it is nothing special, everyone has it. We have paper handkerchief boxes stratigically placed everywhere. Of course I read the book some time ago, can only recommend it.

• Covert Novelist January 28, 2017 / 2:25 am

Your such a delight. I’m sorry you have a code in your node and or your hubby too. Hope your better soon! xoxoxo

• Marilyn Armstrong January 28, 2017 / 10:41 am

It’s winter. Every year, this happens. it could be worse and it has been worse, but it is tedious and takes the verve out of life. But it will eventually go away. Eventually. Thanks for the encouragement.

• Covert Novelist January 28, 2017 / 1:57 pm

Your a pretty positive person, straight, honest, but always thoughtfully positive. Love that.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 28, 2017 / 9:03 pm

You know, I’m not naturally very positive. I’ve really had to work at it. I’m cynical and suspicious about most things. But Garry has a natural optimism and I have a kid and a grandchild too, so I try not to bring everybody down. I’m more often right in my cynicism. In fact, I’m almost always right when i expect the worst of people, but I try to find some bright spot to cling to. Otherwise, I get really gloomy.

• Covert Novelist January 28, 2017 / 9:06 pm

Well in what you post, you almost always show both sides of the coin, and there is always that zinger that adds so much, it’s usually funny, either cynical or not but so appropriate to the situation, I enjoy that so much about you.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 28, 2017 / 10:14 pm

Thank you very much. I think many funny people are cynical. Maybe that’s where humor comes from.

Otherwise, I’ve been writing my entire life, as long as I could hold a pencil. You either get better or give up. Blogging has definitely sharpened my skills. For one thing, it’s lets me take chances because I don’t have a boss looking over my shoulder. If a post doesn’t work, I can redo it and keep rewriting until it does work. The ONLY thing wrong with blogging is it doesn’t pay money. I also suspect that is part of its charm. When you aren’t risking your paycheck, you can be outrageous. You can write stuff you know will be unpopular. Freedom is great ๐Ÿ™‚

• Covert Novelist January 28, 2017 / 10:31 pm

Not sure that postmarked, I answered you, if it doesn’t show up, I agree with cynicism, and or very depressed ie Robin Williams, or sad can’t think of the comedienne, he hated his father who was quite cruel, he got to a point where he was no longer funny. As far as blogging, I love it, because the feedback I get helps solidify who follows the type of audience I draw, and feedback helps me grow as a writer, see things I might not have realized I did or do and interaction with you as an example, is delightful

• Covert Novelist January 28, 2017 / 11:02 pm

Why thank you. I get the feeling we might have been fast friends in another life ie if closer to one another hehe

• Marilyn Armstrong January 28, 2017 / 11:16 pm

It seems that all the people with whom I could really enjoy hanging out live far away. That’s also true of the people I know from before the Internet. We are all so scattered. And most of us are either too old, or have physical or financial issues, so we don’t travel much, either. At least we have this. What would we have without our online relationships? Isolated, I think.

• Covert Novelist January 29, 2017 / 12:06 am

I’m with you. I can’t afford nor do I have the health to travel, so this is my eye on the world, and it’s become exceedingly important to me. I wouldn’t have met you otherwise so kudos for internet. hehe

• Marilyn Armstrong January 28, 2017 / 10:43 am

We are also supporting the Kleenex company with big purchases. We each have a box by the bed and a box near the sofa in the living room and a spare in each bathroom. I think we are getting better, but sometimes, it’s hard to tell.

• Garry Armstrong January 28, 2017 / 11:19 am

My current cold is still current. Current as I write. Sniffle, sniffle.

3. swo8 January 28, 2017 / 2:37 pm

OD on those tangerines and you’re bound to get better. At least you’ll feel better and they must taste good too.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 28, 2017 / 8:59 pm

I think of all that good vitamin c in my system, fighting off germs like little warriors with swords and shields.

• swo8 January 29, 2017 / 11:15 am

and it tasted pretty good too.

4. cordeliasmom2012 January 28, 2017 / 2:40 pm

Aw. Hope you both feel better within the next few days.

NOTE TO MARILYN’S READERS: If you haven’t yet read her book, go now to Amazon.com and order your copy. You’ll be glad you did!

5. usfman January 28, 2017 / 7:06 pm

Dogs are a nice stress relief, but even they seem stressed by Trump as they react to their owners fears of him right now.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 28, 2017 / 8:57 pm

I have to tell you, our dogs are totally untroubled. They eat, sleep, run around, bark, and beg for treats. We should be more like dogs.

6. dancingpalmtrees January 28, 2017 / 9:04 pm

Happy Weekend! Just purchased your book. Looking forward to reading it. Sometimes because of my work schedule it takes me a long time to finish reading books but I will try to read a small passage each day! Thanks!

• Marilyn Armstrong January 28, 2017 / 10:50 pm

I never judge because I have a “to be read” list so long I may not finish it in this lifetime ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you for buying the book, whether you read it or not. It’s actually not very long. I used large type that I could comfortably read without eyeglasses. i got tired of books with tiny fonts.

7. Cee Neuner January 29, 2017 / 10:48 am

Thanks for sharing with us this week. I appreciate you joining along.