ROBBIE THE ROBOT WITH FLOWERS: JUXTAPOSITION – THURSDAY’S SPECIAL

THURSDAY’S SPECIAL: JUXTAPOSITION

A literary technique in which two or more ideas, places, characters and their actions are placed side by side in a narrative or a poem for the purpose of developing comparisons and contrasts. A useful device for writers to portray their characters in great detail to create suspense and achieve a rhetorical effect.

Photographically, when two things are placed together for effect; or when two things being seen or placed close together for contrasting effect.

It is a human quality to comprehend one thing more easily by comparing it to another. So when you look at the bouquets of flowers compared to a handsome robot, ponder the deeper meaning.

Flowers with Robbie

Robbie the Robot, with daffodils and candle

jupiter najnajnoviji

15 thoughts on “ROBBIE THE ROBOT WITH FLOWERS: JUXTAPOSITION – THURSDAY’S SPECIAL

1. Paula April 20, 2017 / 2:23 am

Honey, you made me smile. I have never seen you so “human” before. Please, keep posting robots – with flowers 😆 ❤

• Marilyn Armstrong April 20, 2017 / 2:52 am

Thank you. You know, that robot also talks. He’s supposed to walk, but mostly, he just shuffles a bit and falls over. But I love him anyway ❤

• Garry Armstrong April 20, 2017 / 12:05 pm

Juxtaposition of the montage equals pure cinema.

2. jcalberta April 20, 2017 / 3:06 am

As a kid I didn’t care about flowers much … but I sure wanted one of those Robbie the Robots.
    I guess I can afford one now.

• Marilyn Armstrong April 20, 2017 / 3:29 am

You are in luck. They recently started making them again. This is an old one, from about 20 years ago. I wish he walked better. He announces “I am ROBBIE” then falls on this face.

• Marilyn Armstrong April 20, 2017 / 11:57 am

I know. I don’t walk well either, but I mostly don’t fall on my face. MOSTLY. Except when I do.

3. Debbie Smyth April 20, 2017 / 3:39 am

Great juxtaposiitons Marilyn. Robbie looks well at home with the flowers and I love your variety of shots on this. Great use of light and shadow to add a spot more juxtaposition 🙂

• Marilyn Armstrong April 20, 2017 / 3:44 am

When Robbie came to live with us, I had no idea what to do with him. I didn’t want to keep him in his box, but what do you do with a plastic, talking, movie robot? Answer: put him on the top of the woodstove and make him part of the flower arrangements. It has worked out surprisingly well 😀

4. swo8 April 20, 2017 / 10:50 am

Robbie must be very happy being surrounded by those lovely flowers. They made my day.

• Marilyn Armstrong April 20, 2017 / 11:58 am

Robbie seem content. He points at the flowers, they droop over his head. The perfection are the flowers and the good, solid plastic. Go Robbie!

5. restlessjo April 21, 2017 / 2:32 am

He’s cute! 🙂 🙂 Love that first image.