PICTURES INCLUDING A “Q” – SQUIRRELS AND ANTIQUES

Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Letter Q – Simply needs to have the letter Q

What would I do without squirrels and antiques? In this case, I would be lost! The moment I realized I had pictures of squirrels — in my case, stuffed dog toy squirrels — and a lot of antique whatevers, I knew I was “home free,” so to speak. Welcome to my Q world!

An antique airplane
Gibbs with squirrel – soon to be a non-squirrel
Bonnie protecting the squirrel from other marauders — but she is the worst of them!
Friend’s don’t let friends bat ninth! Garry wearing Evil Squirrel’s best Tee Shirt!

And finally, antiques, from an airplane to a cookie jar and an iron doorstop. Old, older, oldest!

19 thoughts on “PICTURES INCLUDING A “Q” – SQUIRRELS AND ANTIQUES

1. twogalsandabook December 13, 2017 / 12:23 am

You have some great, gorgeous stuff! Congrats!

• Marilyn Armstrong December 13, 2017 / 1:03 am

Thank you. It is the remainder of what was once a much bigger collection. I’m trying to find new homes for as much of it as I can so it will be cared for in the future.

• twogalsandabook December 13, 2017 / 1:17 am

I don’t blame you at all…. with precious treasures like that, one would want to be so careful who would inherit them.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 13, 2017 / 1:31 am

I just want to be sure it’s someone who will take care of them. You’d be surprised how hard it is to find anyone interested in them … and that’s for free. I’m not searching for money, just to know that these very old things will continue to live on without me. The kids don’t want the stuff and most of them not only have no interest, they also have no room.

• twogalsandabook December 13, 2017 / 1:35 am

I agree… and understand. Most people anymore don’t seem to see the beauty of antiques. Even as a child, I loved anything old and nothing has changed. Old houses, furnishings, books, movies, music and clothes… the older the better. It has so much more character, usually better crafted, and they all have stories. I just don’t understand people who don’t love old stuff! LOL maybe I was just born in the wrong era! X D

• Marilyn Armstrong December 13, 2017 / 1:37 am

The kids are totally uninterested. I wish they were, but they just aren’t. I still don’t know what to do with all this stuff.

• Stevon Brock December 13, 2017 / 12:56 pm

Please make sure it will go to someone that will take care of it,Kids won’t,,,

• Marilyn Armstrong December 13, 2017 / 2:08 pm

I know. Unfortunately, the people who might have taken it are OUR age. I need to find younger people who will treasure them and I’m not finding them. Everyone admires them. No one wants to OWN them.

2. angloswiss December 13, 2017 / 1:28 am

You see, you did find some good „q“ photos. Even Gary helped you out with a nice smiling photo.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 13, 2017 / 1:29 am

Once I saw antique, I breathed a sign of relief. I’ve got a lot of antique pictures! And squirrels, too 😀

3. Cee Neuner December 13, 2017 / 12:03 pm

What a fun grouping of photos for this week. Thanks Marilyn. Hi to Garry. 😀

• Marilyn Armstrong December 13, 2017 / 2:09 pm

Hi to both of you! Q worked out to be a much better letter than I expected and I had fun with it. Our current life is consumed with lamps that won’t work. It is an electrical month.

4. swo8 December 13, 2017 / 12:44 pm

Well done Marilyn.

5. dancingpalmtrees December 13, 2017 / 1:26 pm

Great selection and I Love the Kerchiefs around the doggie’s necks. So cute and adorable! My cat Sylvester would have a fit if I tried to put an article of clothing on him! LOL!! Excellent photos!! ❤

• Marilyn Armstrong December 13, 2017 / 1:50 pm

It’s the groomer. Whenever they are groomed, before they leave they fit them with a kerchief, seasonally appropriate. That one was I think the summer model. Later, they got a Halloween special one. When they get scruffy, we remove them but they’re cute. Kerchiefs are THE ONLY thing they will tolerate.