BLACK & WHITE TOYS – CEE’S PHOTO CHALLENGE

Cee’s Black & White Photo Challenge: Toys for Children or Adults

Toys. What is a toy? Once you are past dolls, toy trucks, and blocks, what is a toy? The television? Kindle? Cell phone? I’m inclined to think that anything we don’t need for work, in or out of the house, is probably a toy.

Robby the Robot
Old dolls
My favorite toys
Flamingo!
Miniature steam engine
Dog toys — hey, they are almost kids, right?

16 thoughts on “BLACK & WHITE TOYS – CEE’S PHOTO CHALLENGE

1. angloswiss January 6, 2018 / 12:39 am

Toys are to have fun with. I forgot to include my camera(s). Good selection

2. Ruth January 6, 2018 / 7:30 am

Cameras are fun to play with. Maybe I’ll photograph some toys today while confined indoors. Marilyn, you know how I appreciate your tagline about seeking intelligent life on earth? Do you think there’s been a serious hindrance to your ongoing search? In D.C. for sure.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 6, 2018 / 10:24 am

I wish it were ONLY in DC. There’s an epidemic of dumb in progress. Part of it are the schools who are busy teaching kids to “take tests” without teaching them to think. They don’t teach history so kids aren’t recognizing when we are reiterating the past again — and again. But mostly, people have stopped reading and that is very frightening. School is important, but most of us really learn by reading and when you only learn when you are in the classroom, what about the REST of your life? You mean … school is out and now I can just keep getting dumber until death finishes me off? Yikes!

• Ruth January 6, 2018 / 10:49 am

Yikes is right. You’re right about people having stopped reading. A lot of people in my book club don’t even read the book selected. And these are not dumb people. Well, they didn’t used to be. Thanks for your terrific response today. It’s discouraging though.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 6, 2018 / 12:40 pm

I listen more than I read these days, but I never stop learning. That is what keeps life from getting too boring to cope. I don’t get out much, so I need other ways of dealing with my brain!

• Garry Armstrong January 7, 2018 / 12:16 pm

Ruth, so scary that people don’t read anymore. One of the (many) perks of Marilyn-Garry is that we can make literary references and smirk at each other. Our Parents burdened us with libraries containing books — history, politics, etc. What were they thinking?

• swo8 January 6, 2018 / 1:10 pm

Marilyn, that is such a big concern. They aren’t teaching the children how to read or write and the math is totally incomprehensible.

3. evilsquirrel13 January 6, 2018 / 10:20 pm

If it is inanimate and provides us some kind of joy when we use it, then it’s a toy. Everything else is just stuff…

• Marilyn Armstrong January 6, 2018 / 11:34 pm

That works for me. Basically, do I play with it? Then, it’s a toy. I would like a toy Porsche with a five on the floor.

4. Shelley January 7, 2018 / 9:19 am

I love these! Especially how you included your camera, nice touch!!

• Marilyn Armstrong January 7, 2018 / 11:03 am

When I think “toys”, they are my first thought. My best, favorite toys!

5. Cee Neuner January 7, 2018 / 2:54 pm

Your photo of your lenses is terrific. 😀

• Marilyn Armstrong January 7, 2018 / 3:13 pm

I could take pictures of my cameras all day long. That one came out better than usual. I think it is because I shot it on a glass table and the glass reflected back on the lenses. My glass table has turned out to have many interesting photographic uses.