STUDIO STILLS – BLACK & WHITE SUNDAY

BLACK & WHITE SUNDAY: STILL LIFE – STUDIO SHOTS

Rubber ducks. Today, January 13th, was National Rubber Ducky Day, so I felt obliged to take some pictures of my rubber ducky collection. This is the Groucho Celebriduck with a background of the Loon Celebriduck.

Groucho and Loon Rubber Duckies
Yellow tinted candlelight

mergeyes_widget

13 thoughts on “STUDIO STILLS – BLACK & WHITE SUNDAY

• Marilyn Armstrong January 14, 2018 / 10:56 am

I was trying to find a setting that let me see more of the glass jars, but if I gave them that much light, then I started to see a whole background i didn’t like. Ah the perils of black and white balance!

1. Paula January 14, 2018 / 7:54 am

πŸ™‚ i must remember to observe the Rubber Ducky Day next year πŸ˜€ This is so charming and unexpected. Thank you for the wonderful surprise and for your candles that are not a surprise but nevertheless a gorgeous classic. xx

• Marilyn Armstrong January 14, 2018 / 10:54 am

Yes. I have done those candles in color, but they were much more fun in black and white. On the other hand, I felt sure not many people would be taking romantic pictures of rubber duckies πŸ˜€ And I had to do them in black and white. I took the pictures under incandescent light and they were glowing hot orange … which, it turned out, made excellent black and white pictures, but really ugly color photos.

2. evilsquirrel13 January 14, 2018 / 11:01 am

I hope Groucho doesn’t flick his cigar ashes in the bathwater…

• Marilyn Armstrong January 14, 2018 / 11:47 am

He isn’t a good floater and has a tendency to turn upside down with his head on the downward end. Hard to keep the cigar lighted that way, I should think πŸ˜€

3. Rebel Girl January 14, 2018 / 11:59 am

I had no idea they made rubber ducks like that. (Character ones)

4. swo8 January 14, 2018 / 12:00 pm