DECK THE HALLS: IT’S THE QUICKER PICKER UPPER

72-christmas-tree-02122016_015

I could talk about the bounty of the dinner table. I could talk about the generosity of strangers, the bounteous joy of the season. But I can truly, with utmost sincerity, speak to the merits of this greatest of paper towels, Bounty.

The Quicker Picker Upper comes into its own during the holidays. From spilled gravy, to that slimy trail left by dogs dragging bones bigger than they are, nothing cleans better than super high-quality Bounty paper towels.

bountry-paper-towels-2So today and tomorrow, as you sit alone with yourself and the television or computer, or you are breaking bread with loved and not-so-loved ones — or you find yourself sharing the holiday with other fine folks wherever fine folks gather, remember this. Just one sheet of Bounty is worth three or four of those cheaper paper towels.

Values. It’s all about values. Don’t settle for less.

Just saying.

BOUNTY | THE DAILY POST

24 thoughts on “DECK THE HALLS: IT’S THE QUICKER PICKER UPPER

1. loisajay December 24, 2016 / 11:47 am

haha! And a very Bounty-ful holiday to you and Garry, Marilyn! May your spills be picked up quicker than Santa scootching up the chimney! 😀

• Marilyn Armstrong December 24, 2016 / 2:56 pm

I’ve already put it to the test and it passed. I cannot cook without spilling stuff. Merry merry!

2. Emilio Pasquale December 24, 2016 / 12:55 pm

Product endorsements in your posts? What next? Product placement in your photos? How much were you paid?

• Marilyn Armstrong December 24, 2016 / 2:54 pm

I just couldn’t do another sentimental Christmas thing. Because I’ve been wrangling with the world’s biggest leggo lamb all morning and it is finally IN the oven and presumably, will be good to eat. After all this work, it sure better be. Not the easy Christmas I had in mind.

• swo8 December 24, 2016 / 3:07 pm

FBL (full belly laugh) You’ll have to tell us all about it, Marilyn.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 24, 2016 / 10:20 pm

It’s the only one that works like sponge. Sometimes, there really IS a difference between brands 🙂

3. draliman December 25, 2016 / 12:45 am

This post was brought to you today by… 🙂
    I agree that the more expensive paper towels are much better value than the cheaper ones, where you need half the roll just to soak up one little spill.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 25, 2016 / 1:27 am

Absolutely. But you know, the new economy version of Bounty is a miserable excuse for a towel. Accept no substitutes! Buy ONLY the original!

• Marilyn Armstrong December 25, 2016 / 4:46 am

Not only do I remember your post, I remember the original advert. And I remember thinking that the kid was a danger to himself and others and needed careful monitoring for anti-social tendencies. And while Scott will clean up a spill, the upscale Bounty is better — if you have a lot of spills to clean up. But Bounty’s NEW stuff totally sucks. “Basic Bounty” is a class D paper towel.

• evilsquirrel13 December 25, 2016 / 5:07 am

Bounty Basic is basically just Sparkle in a Bounty wrapper… just like Charmin Basic is Angel Soft in a Charmin wrapper, and Tide Simple and whatever its called now is really just Purex in a yellow Tide bottle. P&G created them to try to get a cut of huge pie that can be had at the lower end of the market where people just buy whatever they can afford. While it’s making P&G a lot of money, it also runs the risk of diluting the power of the top flight brand names they’re exposing to this strategy. It’s kind of like Mercedes Benz making a cheap, no frills puddle jumper car and calling it Mercedes Basic…

• Marilyn Armstrong December 25, 2016 / 9:33 am

Yup, you’re right. Many of us have already noticed this and shop accordings. I didn’t know BB was Sparkle, but I knew BB was worth buying. I didn’t know Tide Simple was Purex because we already buy Purex. Lots of stuff like that. It’s a marketing strategy that takes as axiomatic its customers are stupid. Some are. Many, not so much.

• Garry Armstrong December 25, 2016 / 1:33 pm

You people have my head spinning with all this stuff. Hey, Squirrel, do you really squeeze your Charmin TP before using it??

4. mmpalepale December 25, 2016 / 9:14 pm

It’s also a great Yankee gift. I mean, who couldn’t use a quicker picker upper?!