SKY – FUN FOTO CHALLENGE

Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Sky

I’m looking at the sky right  now. Like pretty much every day for the past few weeks, it’s gray. Overcast. A bit of rain, ten minutes of sunshine. Then, the clouds are back. And it’s cold. Not bitterly cold like winter, but damp, bone-chilling. Not the kind of weather that makes you feel like going out there and doing something. Or, for that matter, doing anything. I had my hopes high for a reasonably nice day because I really wanted to take some pictures.

Maybe tomorrow.

Trucks heading into the sky
Sundown at the marina
Photo: Garry Armstrong – Almost sunset at Scorpion Gulch

CFFC

26 thoughts on “SKY – FUN FOTO CHALLENGE

1. evilsquirrel13 May 3, 2017 / 12:40 am

The sun was actually out all day today, which was a minor miracle for this Spring. I took advantage by getting the grass cut since two more dreary, rainy days are on tap starting tomorrow. They’re promising the weather pattern will change to an extended dry period once this round passes through, but I’ll believe that when I look out the window and don’t see the rain cascading off my roof….

• Marilyn Armstrong May 3, 2017 / 12:58 am

We get two dry days, then more rain from Thursday through the weekend. I was worried about not getting enough rain. I guess the gods heard me. Too many gods heard me and they are ALL raining.

• Garry Armstrong May 3, 2017 / 1:05 pm

Raindrops keep falling on my head…..

• Marilyn Armstrong May 3, 2017 / 1:47 pm

It sounds like a line from last night’s “Bosch” episode! We are getting a “not raining, but not lovely” day today. Tomorrow better? We are sure to get ONE nice one, right?

2. angloswiss May 3, 2017 / 1:13 am

Very good moon shot. So many moons but I never get that perfect photo with all the details.

• Marilyn Armstrong May 3, 2017 / 1:17 am

We were down on Cape Cod on the beach. It was a full moon and I had a long lens on the camera. Otherwise, I never get the shot. You can’t get it from this house — too many trees. Even around town, there’s just too much STUFF. You need a clear night, a full moon, a long lens and nothing in the way. Then, it’s easy. It’s all about placement 😀

• Garry Armstrong May 3, 2017 / 1:06 pm

The Barnstable shot is absolutely luminous.

3. loisajay May 3, 2017 / 8:49 am

Every so often, Garry gives you a run for it with his photos, doesn’t he, Marilyn? 🙂 Beautiful photos, you two.

• Garry Armstrong May 3, 2017 / 1:08 pm

Lot of grit in those eyes right now. uGH!

• Marilyn Armstrong May 3, 2017 / 12:25 pm

Thanks Paula! That one worked out nicely indeed. Hunter moon over Nantucket harbor? You can’t go wrong with that 😀

• Garry Armstrong May 3, 2017 / 1:10 pm

“Moonlight becomes you…it glows with your hair…..”

4. Cee Neuner May 3, 2017 / 11:08 am

Marvelous skies for this week. Thanks Marilyn for playing along. 😀

• Marilyn Armstrong May 3, 2017 / 12:26 pm

Thanks Cee. I have taken so many sky pictures, this was ONE time I had a lot of choices. What fun this was!

• Garry Armstrong May 3, 2017 / 1:10 pm

“Oh, it’s only a paper moon……”

5. Emilio Pasquale May 3, 2017 / 6:29 pm

Don’t be afraid of a little rain! 🙂 Get out there and take some photos!

• Marilyn Armstrong May 3, 2017 / 7:22 pm

I could, now, because finally I have a waterproof camera. And a waterproof lens. I don’t mind light rain, but pouring rain? Not so much. I will shoot in very heavy snow, however — and often have. Until now, I always worried about water and the electronics of the camera. Finally, I don’t have to.

• Emilio Pasquale May 3, 2017 / 11:26 pm

My camera is also touted as being water resistant. But I’d hate to find out the hard way if that is just hype.

6. Rose May 3, 2017 / 11:54 pm

These are truly amazing. It feels like you keep getting better and better shots every post!

• Marilyn Armstrong May 4, 2017 / 12:21 am

Some days are better than others. There are days where everything comes out just awful … and even more where the pictures are okay. Okay is pretty normal, but sometimes, they are better. I try to show those better days 😀