SHARING MY WORLD ON THE WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS

Share Your World – December 18, 2017

If you could hire someone to help you, would it be with cleaning, cooking, or yard work?

Clean, clean, clean. Clean the dust, clean the dog hair. Clean the ceiling, and if you have a spare moment, shampoo the rugs and can you please clean the windows?

From the outside too? Even if you need a long ladder to do it? Puleeze?

If you were to move and your home came fully furnished with everything you ever wanted, list at least three things from your old house you wish to retain?

My antiques, my jewelry, and all the art.

What calms you down?

Having nothing I need to do for the entire day. Nowhere to drive. No schedule to meet.

Oh the pleasure have having a wide open schedule and zero obligations!

What inspired you or what did you appreciate this past week?

I rediscovered my Pentax Q S1 camera. I had been neglecting it in favor of other cameras, but I picked it back up and started using it again. And realized what an amazing little camera it is.

What sharp pictures it takes. I have enough different cameras that it is easy to get into using one all the time and forget that the others are also amazing, each in its own way.

And all the pictures in this post were taken with the Pentax Q S1. A fine little camera — with a lot of lenses.

14 thoughts on “SHARING MY WORLD ON THE WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS

1. cherylking55 December 19, 2017 / 12:52 am

I love your cute dog.

2. angloswiss December 19, 2017 / 1:11 am

I should take a look at my older cameras. I tend to use my Nikon 3500 most of the time. It is a handy DSLR camera.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 19, 2017 / 1:15 pm

I left my “little” camera in Connecticut, so I needed to find another small camera and I hadn’t used this in quite a while, so it was a real pleasure realizing it was a fine camera. I also get into a rut and use the same camera most of the time. It’s useful, though, to poke around sometimes and see what they others will do πŸ™‚

3. draliman December 19, 2017 / 2:44 am

I’m the same for “calming me down”. Nothing on the schedule for later means no worries now.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 19, 2017 / 1:16 pm

Maybe it’s all those years of working all the time. A day without a schedule is MY kind of day πŸ˜€

4. Cee Neuner December 19, 2017 / 12:19 pm

Thanks for sharing this week. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

5. Covert Novelist December 19, 2017 / 12:20 pm

The pictures are to put it mildly, “picture perfect”. How delightful. There’s nothing like calm. This was a very dear peek into a calming day in the life of Marilyn. Loved it.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 19, 2017 / 1:17 pm

Thank you. The only thing wrong with them is that I forget to change lenses, so I don’t take advantage of the camera as well as I could.

• Covert Novelist December 19, 2017 / 5:55 pm

Well, your photos are a work of art. I enjoy them all, and love what you did with these, they looked like paintings.

6. swo8 December 19, 2017 / 12:38 pm

I think the one thing I would really want to keep is my family photos. There is so much family history there.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 19, 2017 / 1:18 pm

If I had family portraits, i’m sure I’d keep them, too. As it is, I want ALL the art and the antiques … and the jewelry, not for its value, but for it’s craftsmanship and art.

• swo8 December 19, 2017 / 3:55 pm