RAPIDLY. BLINKING.

I was standing next to the bed. Blinking. Rapidly. Garry looked at me. I must have appeared to be in pain or something because he said: “Are you okay?”

He can’t blink.

“Yes,” I said, blinking and frowning. “I was putting the gunk on my rash? So after that, I washed my hands. I must not have washed them enough, because I think I touched my eyes and now my eyes are burning. I suppose I got some of the gunk in my eyes.”

By then, I was trying to rub my eyes with the back of my wrists since apparently my fingers were not eye-worthy.

Garry started to laugh. Then I started to laugh. We both kept laughing.

“One thing always leads to another,” I cackled.

He went back to watching the movie. I found the eye drops. Everything is hilarious. Of course, I suppose it could also be tragic and dramatic.

It’s a matter of perspective.

17 thoughts on “RAPIDLY. BLINKING.

1. Gordon C. Stewart January 19, 2018 / 11:42 am

LOVE this, Marilyn. Absolutely (how over-worked is THAT word?!) love it!!!

2. Willow January 19, 2018 / 12:13 pm

I’ve done that before… My sympathies.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 19, 2018 / 12:38 pm

It’s even worse when it’s hot pepper or onion. My hands seem to really absorb stuff and even after multiple washings, it doesn’t go away. Point of order: MARILYN! Don’t rub your eyes!

3. Embeecee January 19, 2018 / 12:38 pm

That’s simply beautiful. The benefits of finding a compatible partner…one who laughs with you through pain… ❤

4. trentpmcd January 19, 2018 / 2:44 pm

Of course if you laugh hard enough you’ll get tears in your eyes, washing out the gunk, so no need for the eye drops!

• Marilyn Armstrong January 19, 2018 / 5:02 pm

I wish that worked out better. I have just learned to keep my hands away from my eyes. I seem to absorb substances in my skin and no amount of soap and water seems to get rid of it. Sometimes lemon juice will help with some acidic stuff, but some foods, like hot pepper and onion really lingers a long. time The dogs LOVE it.

5. swo8 January 19, 2018 / 3:19 pm

Oh boy can that ever smart….

6. Gordon C. Stewart January 20, 2018 / 8:23 am

Reblogged this on Views from the Edge and commented:
    A good laugh is medicine for the soul. Marilyn Armstrong’s SERENDIPITY post “RAPIDLY. BLINKING.” brought Norman Cousins to mind the day of the shutdown.