UNTIL THE CLOUDS COME HOME

A PHOTO A WEEK – UNTIL THE CLOUDS COME HOME

From Nancy Merrill:

Yesterday and this morning, while other places in the country were able to get good shots of the super blue moon and lunar eclipse, here in the Salt Lake Valley, we had clouds. Beautiful clouds, but still clouds that made it hard to impossible to get good photos of the moon. (We’ll just have to wait until 2037.) But it’s okay. I love photographing clouds.

Usually, I look for stormy skies and dramatic clouds. But for this, I thought I’d try a change of pace — a bright blue sky and those lovely puffy white clouds that decorate our skies. The bright skies and clouds over the farm around the corner.

Across a plowed field …
Blue skies and puffy white clouds over the pasture gate
Clouds until the cows come home

15 thoughts on “UNTIL THE CLOUDS COME HOME

1. angloswiss February 5, 2018 / 12:46 am

I love clouds. They are never monotonous. You have some good ones there

• Marilyn Armstrong February 5, 2018 / 12:49 am

Rare clouds, too. We mostly get a lot of solid gray skies. Not many puffy little clouds like these. I think after we left the road, the clouds all gathered up and it began to rain. I think it was getting close to rainy right before we left. It was such a pretty day πŸ˜€

2. Roy February 5, 2018 / 1:13 am

Wow…no other words…i have started to fall in luv with the pics…

3. swo8 February 5, 2018 / 12:25 pm

You’ve captivated a lovely summer day. I really love the pastural photo of the cows in the field. That would make a nice painting.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 5, 2018 / 1:02 pm

You are more than welcome. It’s a beautiful farm. Most farms look a bit worn around the edges, but this one is perfect, like something out of a movie. Nice that it’s just around the block, so to speak.

• swo8 February 5, 2018 / 3:03 pm

It is very charming. Reminds me of my Uncle’s farm.

4. Covert Novelist February 5, 2018 / 1:46 pm

I too love clouds. There’s promise in clouds. Sometimes good, sometimes bad, but sometimes, it’s just about floating along peacefully from place to place.

5. nancy merrill February 6, 2018 / 1:15 pm

Puffy clouds are just as worthy of having their pictures taken as dramatic ones. πŸ™‚ Love these shots, especially the cows. Thanks for joining the challenge!