A LOOK BACK: THE SHORT AND TO-THE-POINT-EDITION – BY TOM CURLEY

So. 2017 is over. Like any end of the year, the last few weeks were filled with “Year End Retrospectives.”

I hate year-end retrospectives.

Especially this year. A year ago, all anybody could talk about was just how much 2016 sucked. And it did. But then, along came 2017.

2017 said to 2016 “Here, hold my beer.”

So here’s myYear End Retrospective, The Short and To-The-Point-Edition.” And yes, I’m doing it in 2018. Why? Because I’m a rebel, because I’m going rogue, because I only thought of it on New Year’s Eve.  So here it is, 2017 month-by-month.

January. Well, that sucked.

February. God, that really sucked.

March. Are you kidding me? How much more can this possibly suck?

April. This can’t get worse.

May. It got worse.

June. Are you fucking kidding me!?

July. This is just not happening.

August. Well, that just happened. WTF?!

September. This is insane.

October. No, he’s insane.

November. Shit, he is REALLY insane.

December. This insanity has to end.

🎇🎶 Happy New Year. 🎶🎇

At least we still have Betty White.

PS: And to start the New Year off on a good note, I give you two dogs playing “I got your nose.”

12 thoughts on “A LOOK BACK: THE SHORT AND TO-THE-POINT-EDITION – BY TOM CURLEY

1. judyt54 January 1, 2018 / 6:47 pm

Yes. Betty White endures. Thank you for reminding me of that. She should really be nominated for statehood.

• Anonymous January 2, 2018 / 3:55 am

Yup.

2. Embeecee January 1, 2018 / 8:25 pm

Did you just jinx Betty White?? Because everyone of her age and fame level appears to have dropped dead. I like the retrospective very much. Do you teach courses on brevity? Because some of us could use that skill….

• tomcurley1 January 1, 2018 / 9:18 pm

It was originally a note I wrote to myself to be a blog. Then I realized it was the blog.

• Garry Armstrong January 2, 2018 / 12:26 pm

Pancho, on point about year-enders and so succint and well-written. Well done, amigo viejo.

3. Marilyn Armstrong January 1, 2018 / 8:50 pm

I think you summed it up a lot better than I did. I worry about Betty White. I really do. I used to worry about George Burns, too. He made it to 100, Owen’s grandmother hit 104.

• tomcurley1 January 1, 2018 / 9:20 pm

She’s one of the ones who keep going.

• Garry Armstrong January 2, 2018 / 12:30 pm

Whoa. I was thinking about some other old timers, survivors of Hollywood’s golden age. Won’t mention because I’m superstitious.

Oh, Meet me in St Louie, Louie….

4. swo8 January 2, 2018 / 9:58 am

“I got your nose” is a nice touch to the year end/new year. Can’t let all the bad stuff get us down.

5. lwbut January 7, 2018 / 7:15 am

Way to end the year Mr T! ( sorry i’m a little late – s’been hectic round these parts lately) 🙂

The video of your pooches was just what was needed – spot on! 🙂